A wave of spamMonday, May 22, 2006 at 7:36 | Posted in Akismet, internet, spam, Web tools, WordPress | Leave a comment
I have had this blog for less than five months. During that time the Akismet spam catcher has stopped 87 spam comments, of which only one or two have turned out to be legitimate entries in a closer scrutany. 57 of those comments were entered during the last 48 hours.
Interestingly, most of these latest spam entries were targeted to this post. It is a controversial post and it is being read almost every day. But it is by far not the most read post in this blog. That title goes without opposition to this post.
I wonder if other WordPress blogs have experienced this exceptionally high spamming activity this weekend or if it was just me. Obviously, there is a spider somewhere (oh yes, I have some of the IP’s left but I do not think I will bother to search the source) that has been busy these couple of days. It would be interesting to know how they choose the posts to attack. Could it be random or maybe they track somehow the posts that are linked much or receive a lot of hits?
I am glad to have Akismet as a part of WordPress. As I wrote here, I have been out of the web most of this weekend. Without Akismet, the blog would have been turned into a spam comment farm. And instead of writing this post, I would be manually deleting all of those 57 comments right now.
Leave a Comment »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- tinyurl.com/bndjtma Talent on koju tulnud 1 week ago
- Käes. RT @kaurkender: sass henno raamat tasuta siin: minaolinsiin.ee 1 week ago
- Äkki peibutuspart? uudised.err.ee/index.php?0627… 1 week ago
- tinyurl.com/c9h9ptq Kajo ei pelkää kaivaa verta nenästään 2 weeks ago
- Jõuluvana tuleb külla RT @estofennia: Suomen lähetystössä avoimet ovet lauantaina. fb.me/xYFnvjdU 2 weeks ago
- President Obama Discusses U.S. Counterterrorism Strategy
- Photo Gallery: Behind the Scenes in April 2013
- Digital Strategy: Delivering Better Results for the Public
- Germans in London
- War and Life Afterwards: An Interview with Brian Castner
- Aspiring Americans Share their Stories as Senate Debates Immigration Reform
- Building Opportunities in Indian Country: Congratulations to the Graduates of Navajo Technical College
- President Obama Meets with President Thein Sein of Myanmar
- President Obama Responds to the Tornadoes in Oklahoma
- Customizing Comet: Beau and Arrow Events
- Konflikteja ja korjausliikkeitä
- Kaavoihin kangistuneet (1) Kaavoituksen ongelmat ovat taloudellisen kasvun este
- Mieluummin asuntotuotanto seis kun köyhiä Espooseen
- Täysin suljettu vesikierto
- Isoveli pelasti taas -- kauppa vaikenee
- Eurokriisin hinta ja perustuslaki
- Että mitenkä?
- 3D-ruokatulostimet ilahduttavat grillaajia
- Teknologiajättien arvio: maksamme veroja
- Suur suvi tuli kööki…
- Romaanivõistluse seis
- Tulevik on tume
- Kiire? Tahad aega juurde?
- Pelgulinna seltsist, päevast ja ajalehest
- Pelgulinna seltsist, päevadest ja ajalahest
- Mina siin
- Tänased keelepärlid: “Saate vašingu pealt seivingut, kui meie pesupulbrit ostate!”
- Lätlaste okupatsioon ...
- Tass puhtaks hambapastaga